Born in Maputo, Mozambique, formerly Lourenço Marques. Painter, draughtsman, ceramist, sculptor, photographer, experimental filmmaker . Angelo de Sousa lives in Oporto, since 1955 where he graduated in Painting at the Fine Arts School and became a professor since 1962. He attended in London the St. Martin's School of Art and the Slade School of Fine Art (1967-68). He held his first individual exhibition at the Divulgação Gallery in 1959 together with Almada Negreiros. His work became gradually abstract and gave way to overlapping brightly-coloured surfaces. About 1966, Angelo de Sousa turned to sculpture and produced steel strips which were able to expand and grow outwards when suspended in space. In 1959 participates at the 1 Bienal de Paris, followed by several interventions, some organized by the group “The Four Twenties” between 1968 and 1971. Prizes: In 1972 he was awarded a prize at the AICA exhibition, Lisbon. In 1975 he awarded a prize at the São Paulo Biennale Exhibition. 1980 Prize at II Biennale Internacional de Arte de Vila Nova de Cerveira. 1982 First prize “ARUS – Exposição Nacional de Arte Moderna”, Oporto. 1986 Prize in Painting: III Exposição de Artes Plásticas da Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian, Lisbon. Selection of Collective Exhibitions: 1973 “26 Artistas de Hoje”, Lisbon, “Arte Portuguesa de Hoje”, Barcelona and Salamanca 1976-77; “Arte Portuguesa Contemporanea”, Roma and Paris, Brasília, S. Paulo, Rio de Janeiro. 1978 “Portuguese Art since 1910”, Londres, “Arte Portuguesa Contemporanea”, Florença, Portuguese representative to the Venice Biennale 1979 Integrated the XV Bienal de S. Paulo. 1981 “Aspectos da Arte Abstracta 1975-1980”, Lisbon 1985 “Diálogo sobre arte contemporânea”, Lisbon 1986 AICA-PHILAE, selection of the Portuguese art critic. In 2001 he showed na exhibition of experimental photos and films at the Serralves Museum, Oporto.