Born in 1933, he studied at the Accademia delle Belle Arti in Naples, his native city, and after the graduation he went with a scholarship to Greece to accomplish archaeological research. In the mid Fifties he stands out as part of the vanguard: he is co-founder of the "Documento sud" magazine and of the Gruppo 58, with whom he shows at the Galleria San Carlo in Naples in 1958. In 1960 he moved to Milan, where he held his first solo show: at the Galleria Schwarz and the following year he shows in the United States where he wins the Carnegie Intenational Award. In 1962 the Art International magazine publishes an article dedicated to the artist by Enrico Crispolti, who invites him to the exhibition "Alternative attuali" organized in L’Aquila. In 1964 he exhibits at the Triennale di Milano and at the Venice Biennal where he will show with a solo exhibition presented by Gillo Dorfles in 1966. In this stage the first neodada representation, full of popular elements of Neapolitan culture, evolves to a more rational geometry whit a little touch of Metaphysics, where the essencial of the shapes refers to an archetypal dimension, that still look at the Pop language. In 1965 he patecipates at the opening show at the Studio Marconi, with whome he starts an intense cooperation and where he often shows in the next years. In 1970 Arturo Carlo Quintavalle dedicates to him a major exhibition at the Salone dei Contrafforti at the Pilotta in Parma, followed by an another one in 1974 at the Rotonda della Besana in Milan curated by Guido Ballo. After a long period in Paris he returns permanently in Italy in 1977, and in the following years he starts to work as a set designer. From 1984 he teaches “pictorial experimental researches” at the Nuova Accademia di Belle Arti in Milan.