Brâncuşi studied art at the Şcoala de Meserii (School of Arts and Crafts) in Craiova from 1894 to 1898 and at the Şcoala Naţională de Arte Frumoase (National School of Fine Arts) in Bucharest from 1898 to 1901. He left Romania in 1904 and walked to Paris, where he continued his studies at the École des Beaux-Arts in 1905. As an art student he served as a studio assistant to Auguste Rodin, but his style moved beyond naturalist representation to stylized elegant forms. Brâncuşi was one of the first sculptors to experiment with abstract art. Brancusi's sculpture gained international notoriety at the 1913 Armory Show in New York, a city that he visited four times and where his work frequently would be exhibited. In his Paris studio at 8 Impasse Ronsin Brancusi devoted great attention to the arrangement of his sculptures, documenting individual works and their installation in an important body of photographs. Isamu Noguchi worked as a studio assistant for Brancusi in 1927, and Brancusi taught him to carve stone and wood. In the 1930s Brancusi worked on two ambitious public sculpture projects, an unrealized temple in India for the Maharajah of Indore and the installation at Tirgu Jiu, Romania, of his Gate of the Kiss, Table of Silence and a 100-foot tall cast iron version of Endless Column. On his death Brancusi left the contents of his studio to the Museum of Art of the City of Paris, on condition that the studio be installed in the museum in its entirety. Brâncuşi and was buried in the Cimetière du Montparnasse, in Paris.